- Open the document you would like to share. By default, all new documents are private.
- Next to the document title, click "Private Only to me" to open sharing settings.
- You can share your document with specific individuals, groups, or make it accessible to everyone on the web or with a link.
- If you would like to make your document accessible to everyone (Public on the Web) or anyone you send a link to,change the Visibility options by clicking "Change" under Permissions.
- Select "Public on the Web" to make it accessible to anyone (can theoretically be found via a google search).
- Select "Anyone with a link" to make it accessible (without log-in) to anyone you send the link to. This setting is ideal for web links on a course page.
- If you would like to share with a few individuals, click the text box under "Add People" and type in the email addresses or names of the people you want to share with.
- Click the "Can Edit" dropdown menu if you want to limit editing privileges.
- Save your changes, and close the Sharing settings window. Your document is now shared!